It’s time for some throwback!
I love music. I have always been into music probably since I was born because my dad used to be a musician and he plays music wherever and whenever he can. He introduced me to my first music from the 80’s and he still listens to them until now. If you ever ride with my dad, he still has that CD and FlashDisk (once upon a time they were cassette tapes). I remembered him playing so many Phil Collins, Elton JohnRichard Marx, The Roxette, Air Supply, Michael Bolton, Marc Anthony, Toni Braxton, All-4-One, and his all-time-fave Kenny G (have I mentioned that he collected all of his records?) and this one Kenny G song always plays in his car ‘Songbird’ and this one song that still in his playlist with Songbird, ‘Careless Whisper’ by George Michael. Every time I listen to those songs, the first thing that pops out in my head is the smell of my dad’s car (it will always smell the same since I was born even though he changes cars quite a lot), his presence, and driving with him in a pouring rain (don’t ask me why because I have no explanation why). I love you, Papa! Thanks for introducing me to music since I was born.
Then growing up, my mom introduced me to (mostly boybands because she is one of Westlife’s biggest fans and she had a huge crush on Mark Freehily) pop music. I remember my older sister and me collected cassette tapes of Backstreet Boys, Westlife, *NSYNC, Madonna, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera (since around 2000, Christina Aguilera has always been my idol until now) and etc.
But my sister and I could finally explore music on our own when we were ten and eight.
Then, I started to dig deeper into music and started to watch MTV more often. In 2005, I started to love Pop Rock/Alternative Rock music. We listened to Good Charlotte, Muse, Simple Plan, Evanescence, and Linkin Park, MCR, and etc.
So I am going to share with you the ‘Playlist of My Life Millennium Edition’;
- Britney Spears – Sometimes (this is my and my sister’s favorite song. I was 6 and she was 8, we used to sing this wherever we go and we used to play the music video before bed)
- t.A.T.u – Not Gonna Get Us and All About Us, (does anyone else know this Russian duo?),
- Good Charlotte – I Just Wanna Live (I still remember singing and dancing crazily to this song with my sister. Such good times)
- Hoobastank – The Reason
- Simple Plan – Untitled (this song makes me sad)
- Muse – Unintended (this song always makes me cry since 2000), and Sing For Absolution
- Maroon 5 – Sunday Morning (of course I have to include Maroon 5, I mean come on!)
- Lily Allen – Smile (we loved the music video!)
- Linkin Park – Leave Out All The Rest and What I’ve Done
- James Blunt – Beautiful (classic!)
- Secondhand Serenade – Fall For You (I started to love Secondhand Serenade already as a teenager if 13 years old is considered a teen)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Dani California
- Eminem – When I’m Gone (this song shatters my heart)
- *NSYNC – This I Promise You
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside
There are still so many of them, but let me just share 15 of them for now on. I was such a dark muse when I was a kid LOL
Share with me your own Millennium Playlist 🙂